Thursday, December 20, 2012

Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines *Review*

So I admit it, sometimes I arrive late for the show...yep, I know this about myself and if there is one thing I have learned in 2012 it is this:  there are a TON of seriously awesome books out there waiting to be discovered by me still!

How I got so behind on all of the awesomeness is beyond me and I am doing my best to rectify the situation, however there is only so much time for reading in a day :(  Yes I know it is a sad, sad truth we live with!

That being said I can add happily now check off one book that I should have read ages ago...




Mmmmm, yes please and thank you!


Here is my FIVE Feather review:


WARNING:  Reading this book my cause watery eyes, uncontrollable sighing, warmth in your belly and lack of sleep!  The best way to control these symptoms is to just read it all in one sitting and then move on to The Vincent Brothers so you can read more!

That is my plan and I'm sticking with it!  I picked up Vincent Boys at 1AM last night because I was in the mood for a little contemp romance and figured I would read for thirty minutes and fall asleep *enter evil Abbi Glines laugh here* yep, Abbi laughs every time a reader picks up this book because she knows their little plan of "Oh, I'll just read a few chapters" will be blown to smithereens once they begin.  Well played Abbi, well played.

I was so thoroughly in love with Ashton and Beau that I could not put the book down and read until 5:30AM.  I quickly placed my Kindle on the nightstand and forced myself to sleep before my hubbies alarm went off so he wouldn't be clued into my obsession (FYI- I then tweeted about it and he busted me, ooops!).
This is SOOO me.
My poor hubby, thankfully he loves me ;)

Watching Ashton and Beau rekindle their friendship was a pleasure and the ensuing love triangle that played out is so very believable.  You can be in love with more than one person and this is exactly how it happens.  Abbi does such a great job of writing Ashton's emotions that you don't hate her for her indecision about the Vincent Boys, in fact I kinda envied her!  There was a point where I dislike Sawyer but he was redeemed in my eyes and I look forward reading his story next.

As for the SWOON-o-meter I give these boys a 5 out of 5.  I'm totally Team Beau in this book because he is as amazing as chocolate covered cherries which is pretty freaking amazing!  He is a hot rebel boy who is so in love with Ashton that she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she understood the depth of his affection.  Sawyer is the beautiful all-american good boy, intent on keeping his little woman safe, secure and happy.  He is looking at the long term picture and while it sounds a bit boring it is totally sweet.  He is certainly the one who mama and daddy want you to bring home.  Beau, he is the one you sneak out the window for- not that I'm advocating this action ;)

One thing for me that totally stood out in this book is it is centered in LA- that's Lower Alabama for you non Bama folks.  It's my old stomping ground, Gulf Shores, Mobile Bay..I have a high school love (and marriage) that played out at these locales so this endeared me to this book even more.  That and the fact that Abbi is a die-hard Bama fan ;) Roll Tide!

I digress, I could go into so many things about this book that make it a must read but I don't want to give anything away so I will say you just need to go read it, like asap!  

Just remember I gave you fair warning of the side effects- don't come crying to me when you're done!  However, do come tell me what you think of it!!

I would rate this as Mature YA due to language and steamy (but not explicit) sexual content (this is the original version not the uncut)

So there you have it.  One of many, many reviews to come on awesome books that I should have read by now but just haven't.  It's a tough job but someone has to do it!

I want to hear what you think...are there any books out there that you know you need to read and you just haven't gotten to it?  Talk to me SUPApeeps!




Until next time, keep on reading!

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I've heard so many awesome things about this book I may have to put it at the top of my list for next year :)
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...