Monday, November 12, 2012

Guest Review of My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea Cameron

Mercedes dropped by again to leave a Review for MFM :)


Book blurb:

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, and even though her other roommates adore him, she wants him gone before it's too late.

Hunter himself has been burned before, but the fact that Taylor calls him out on his crap and has the sexiest laugh ever make him decide maybe love isn't a lost cause. They make a bet: if she can convince him she truly loves or hates him, he'll leave the apartment--and leave her alone. The problem is, the more time they spend together, the less she hates him, and the more she moves toward love.

But when the man who holds the key to Taylor's fear of giving up her heart resurfaces and threatens to wreck everything, she has to decide: trust Hunter with her greatest secret, or do everything in her power to win that bet and drive him away forever.


My take:

I got an e-copy of this book in exchange of an honest review. Having said that let me tell you this: I HONESTLY ADORED My Favorite Mistake.
 
I devoured this book in one sit. From the very first chapter you get a view of what’s Taylor and Hunter’s relationship going to be. However, Chelsea has the ability to build their love/hate relationship, aside of their personal secrets, with velvety pace. Her writing is fluent, catchy and if I may say it, addictive. I got immersed in the story immediately and couldn’t wait to know which Hunter’s and Taylor’s secrets were.

About the characters, I’ll start with Taylor. What a badass, funny to the bone “Missy”. I could definitively see a girl that has a great right hook and says: “I shoved my face under the covers. I did not just see that. I peeked out again. Yup. Hunter Jr. was awake and standing at attention” in my group of besties.
Now, Hunter… *Sighs*...  *Sighs again while grinning like a little girl*. If you haven’t guessed it yet, HE’S MY NEW BOOK BOYFRIEND! Man, how I like this guy. But, how can anyone not love him after reading: “I can't promise not to make you mad. I can't promise that I won't hurt you. All I can promise is that I want you in my life, and I'll do anything to keep you there.”?

As I said before, Taylor and Hunter’s relationship ships from love to hate in a 10 seconds space of time. Their feelings as long as the sexual tension built up scene after scene. But don’t get me wrong, you won’t get even near to bored with this book. It’ll crack up with laughter right before it gets your toes curling.

This was the first of Chelsea Cameron’s book I’ve read and now I’m looking forward to keep reading her creations. She’s surely gained a loyal reader with this book.



Now, I’ll share with you a game played with Chelsea.
After you read “My Favorite Mistake”, this game of “say the first thing that comes to your mind” and this, particular, group of words will sound a bit familiar.  ;)
Hope you enjoyed as much as I enjoyed playing it with Chelsea.

* “Taylor”: Someone with a skewed vision of themselves.
* “Hunter”: A boy who's got a reputation that has nothing to do with who he is.
* “Harper”: Adorable!
* “Nightmares”: insomnia
* “Numbers”: Math (ew)
* “Bets:” Bad ideas
* “Mistakes”: Worth making :)
* “Boxers”: comfortable (I wear them to bed)
* “Tattoos”: beautiful. A visual expression of who you are inside.
* “Luck”: Doesn't happen to everyone, but when it does, be grateful for it.
* “Guitars”: Sexy as hell *swoon*
* “Secrets”: can ruin relationships.
* “Peanut butter and Jelly”: not actually a fan. I prefer Fluff with my PB.
* “Punch”: Ouch?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...